-----------
Q: Why have my estrogen levels been low? What can we do?
A: Femara could hinder estrogen levels, so next time we will do Follistim (injectibles) only in hopes of stimulating my ovaries AND keeping my estrogen levels high enough.
Q: Should I schedule hysterosalpinogram to test for blocked tubes?
A: Not necessarily; no reason to believe they would be blocked, and it is an expensive test. However, RE will check with our insurance to see if they will cover it, citing it as a "medical necessity." If they go for that, we'll run the test. May as well!
A: Not necessarily; no reason to believe they would be blocked, and it is an expensive test. However, RE will check with our insurance to see if they will cover it, citing it as a "medical necessity." If they go for that, we'll run the test. May as well!
Q: Is IUI (Intrauterine Insemination) right for us?
A: Not really. J's sperm count and quality are A+, so much so that RE mentioned twice that he should consider being a sperm donor. Most likely a joke (?).
A: Not really. J's sperm count and quality are A+, so much so that RE mentioned twice that he should consider being a sperm donor. Most likely a joke (?).
Q: What will our next step be?
A: We can do 2 or 3 cycles of Follistim at a higher dose and for longer (8-10 days). If that fails, we will move on to IVF (In vitro fertilization). Apparently, I am an excellent candidate for IVF because I am young and have none of the problems that can interfere with the success of IVF.
A: We can do 2 or 3 cycles of Follistim at a higher dose and for longer (8-10 days). If that fails, we will move on to IVF (In vitro fertilization). Apparently, I am an excellent candidate for IVF because I am young and have none of the problems that can interfere with the success of IVF.
Q: What are our chances of becoming pregnant?
A: "We'll get there." Because of my PCOS, my eggs are just "stubborn." Our main objective is to get them to mature.
A: "We'll get there." Because of my PCOS, my eggs are just "stubborn." Our main objective is to get them to mature.
-----------
J and I both feel a bit better after meeting with our RE. We think (hope) that our meeting encouraged him to cater our treatments more specifically to our situation. We have to take this month off so that my body can rest, and then I will begin taking Provera again to bring on AF. Then, back on the horse we go!
Glad to hear that your RE gave you a plan. Being up in the air is no fun! Hopefully your next cycle will work and you won't need IVF.
ReplyDeleteStopping by for ICLW - hi! Hopefully this next time will be the charm for you!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great RE visit. And from your last post about being on BCP - it kills me too to think I spent so much money and took those stupid pills for so long. And for what?? It is truly one of the the cruel ironies of IF.
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW!
Thanks everyone! And Jess, yes -- really hoping we won't get as far as IVF!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment! It is kind of depressing that we infertiles can't be as excited (or excited at all) about little things like looking at pregnancy books or watching birth shows on TV. It's just too painful. I guess that's life, though.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, regarding the hysterosalpinogram, I'm on a PCOS message board and I've seen a lot of women conceive after having one. I'm actually getting my tubes checked (along with having a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy) next month and I must say it's terrifying but exciting!
Hey there, thanks for stopping by my blog. One piece of assvice - go for the HSG, pls. Its an excellent test just to check that all is ok, its no use doing IUI's and then finding out your tubes are closed, it can happen to anyone. Pls go - OK?
ReplyDeleteAnd as for PCOS, well ja stubborn eggs is an understatement....
wheresmy2lines.wordpress.com
That sounds like a great appt, that resulted in a great plan.
ReplyDeleteGood luck, I hope it works out really soon!
Megan
ICLW