I just came across a fantastic post from Kate over at Busted Plumbing called It's Time To Come Out of the (Infertility) Closet. Check it out!
I'm not sure that I'm ready to come out to all of Facebook, but only because I'm afraid (and a bit selfish). I wish more women would be open and honest about IF so that (see my previous post) we wouldn't all feel so darn alone! I suppose it's something to consider.
I too just read that article. I think its awesome what she is doing. But I am not there yet either.
ReplyDeleteI know. It's just that ideally you would like your message to get to ears of those who need to know, not just everyone else that may not care or just take your IF as the next thing to chat about. Anyway, I'm still in the closet!
ReplyDeleteI don't have the nerve to do t yet either. I have been more open to some of my close friends though...
ReplyDeleteICLW
http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/
I can't seem to do it, either. My close friends and immediately family know, but I can't seem to go any farther than that. If we do end up doing IVF (which is likely our next step) then I think we will tell more people, though. ICLW
ReplyDeleteBeing open is never easy, but can be very rewarding. Though you do get a bunch of stupid comments and advice from well intentioned people. But you also get some great support and even meet fellow IF-ers.
ReplyDelete~Jess
ICLW