Slight change of plans. First of all, my periods have been really out of whack lately, so RE is going to put me on BCP for a month or so to straighten things out. Sounds like a good idea to me, as I'm currently going for some sort of record with a 14 day long period (and counting).
Secondly, after learning that my Mom had minor Endometriosis in her twenties, RE (or, rather, one of the nurses) advised that I have a Laparoscopy. It is an outpatient diagnostic/corrective surgery for Endometriosis, scar tissue, and/or cysts. It seems to be a last ditch effort to find anything that could be causing my infertility issues. If there is anything there, hopefully he can correct it.
Assuming the surgery is successful and nothing major is discovered, we will take a month off and then continue with our plans of IUI. So, if all goes to plan, we'll be going ahead with the IUI in a handful of months. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE WAITING?!?
My concern is cost. RE's office advise that it should be covered by insurance, as it is diagnostic. Right. Our insurance covered about half of the HSG after some fighting and many phone calls. Hopefully they'll cover at least a large portion of this. Google has given me costs anywhere from $1,500 to $15,000. UGH. Not incredibly jazzed about this, or the procedure in general.
I mean, I guess this is a good idea, right? Hopefully rule out Endometriosis and get everything in there all spiffed up for future TTC'ing? But I have to tell you, the thought of having a surgery (albeit, minor) and waiting 2-3 months until we can try IUI makes me want to swallow my own fist. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Why can't this be EASY for us? Why can't we be one of those couples who gets pregnant after a night of drunken irresponsibility? Or even a couple months of blissful, naive TTC? I think I'm reaching a tipping point again where I feel like this process is entirely too stressful and overwhelming. The problem is, avoiding the process only delays (or gets rid of altogether) the possibility of us getting the one thing we want: a baby. Infertility is bullshit.
I'm really trying to stay positive, some days are just harder than others.
After 7 years of IF, I finally got a lap this year and I wish I would have done it a lot earlier. It is good to know for sure what is going on. Just my opinion.
ReplyDeleteICLW
I hope everything goes well if you decide to get the procedure done. Sending you some {{HUGS}.
ReplyDeleteICLW!(#64)
Hope the insurance come through for you and the surgery is successful!
ReplyDeleteICLW