We still haven't completely decided when we want to start again. Well, correction: We WANT to start 5 minutes ago. But, I couldn't bear to miss my brother's wedding. It would really be devastating to me if I couldn't be there -- your little brother only gets married once! She said we could start as soon as one month from now, but we're strongly considering waiting until September, or even October. We don't have to decide right now, luckily. With me having to jump-start my periods with Provera about 1/2 the time, it's highly possible that 4 weeks would turn into 6 weeks. I think we'll just need to sit down and examine (read: obsess over) the calendar. As the nurse reminded me, some women have to go on bed rest or can't travel ridiculously early into their pregnancies, so we only have so much control over the timing.
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Plan E
One of the nurses (have I mentioned yet how much we love them?) called this morning with her ever-chipper, always-empathetic voice and our new plan. We're going to try Femara (pills) and Follistim (injections) again, but at a higher dosage. This is was J and I were hoping for. We saw decent results with this last time, and we're hoping that a higher dosage will kick them into high gear. She told me that our new dose is 100 and our old dose was 75, although I'm not sure if she was referring to the Femara or Follistim. She's sending a packet out to us today so that we can get all of our medications, syringes, etc. ordered in plenty of time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The waiting is so hard. SO HARD! Especially when you don't know exaclty when your period is going to arrive. I know the frustrations well.
ReplyDeleteAs for the 100, it refers to the Follistim. Femara is taken in 2.5 mg pills- so your dose would be 2.5 or 5 (1 or 2 pills.)
I hope you can keep occupied through the waiting. You can always come here to vent in the meantime!
Thanks for the encouragement Ms. C! I've been enjoying my tennis "lessons" so far, so I'm hoping that J and I can keep that up and keep ourselves occupied until we can try again!
ReplyDelete