Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Cycle Day 2

Finally, I started yesterday. I would apologize for that comment perhaps entering into over-share territory, but I suppose that if you're reading this blog, you are prepared for such a possibility. So, tomorrow we will go for a baseline ultrasound. If we get the "all clear," we're good to go! If that's the case, I'll take Femara for 5 days, give myself injections of Follistim (100 IU as opposed to the 75 IU of last cycle) for 6 days, and then return for another ultrasound. If I have a couple of mature follicles, J will then give me a shot of Novarel to stimulate ovulation. It sounds like a lot of "ifs," and I suppose that it is, but the "if" that I'm most concerned about is having mature follicles. In the past, I have only had one or two that have been in the low end of the "mature" spectrum (17-18mm, in a range of 18-25mm being optimal). Hopefully the increased dosage of Follistim will get things moving.

On another note, J and I received an absolutely beautiful bouquet of roses and lilies yesterday from our dear friend K who lives out west. She wished us luck and told us that she was thinking about us. It was so sweet and unexpected! It's so nice to know that our friends and family are behind us and support us during this stressful-slash-exciting time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment