The nurse just called. From Friday to today, my estrogen level increased from 44pg/ml to 122pg/ml. She said that for the number of mature follicles I have (two), this is close to right on target and that J should go ahead and give me the hCG shot this afternoon. After Googling it (because Google is
just as reliable as a real live doctor person), it seems low to me. I've read that your estrogen level should be around 200pg/ml per mature follicle. So, I am a little bit worried that mine is too low.
My curious mind always wants to know what is considered to be "ideal" when it comes to measurements and levels. Then again, I think that too much knowledge can be a dangerous thing for me, as it tends to bring worry and anxiety. Sometimes I think that in terms of trying to conceive, ignorance can be bliss!
Personally, I wonder where you get that worrying from?
ReplyDeleteAnd...yes, a little knowledge can be detrimental to our mental health. But the numbers sound great and encouraging to me....and yes, the follicles continue to grow in size. I was told today by our 'expert' friend!!!