I learn about friends' pregnancy cravings. How far along they are. How often their little soon-to-be bundle of joy is kicking. I hear them complain about how uncomfortable they are. How much trouble they are having trying to sleep at night. Soon, I hear about the birth. Dilation. Effacement. Lots of pictures. Congratulations. Then, how little time they have to themselves anymore. Their baby's bathroom schedule and habits (gross, btw). First words. Milestones. Happy family photos.
I'm insanely jealous of all of the above, but I suppose that goes without saying. I'm also incredibly annoyed by it, but I think that goes along with the jealousy. I find myself cursing at these women under my breath. Making snide comments. Again with the jealousy. Perhaps I will, one day, be one of these women that I secretly loathe. And maybe then I, too, will want to shout every little detail from the rooftops (except for bathroom schedules. again, gross.) Until then, I will continue on as usual. Because really, boycotting Facebook is not an option, as I am a card-carrying addict.
Hi my friend, thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm here to return the hug and virtual cuddle. I know about the "others" ... those that are now all about their pregnancy and or babies. I actually managed to detach from facebook and I'm much happier. Please stay in touch if you like, i'd love to know how you are getting on. Love, Fran (ICLW)
ReplyDeleteI decided to block some of those annoying over-zealous parents (or parents-to-be) from my news feed. It makes FB much easier. I wonder what will happen when its our turn, will we turn into those annoying people too?
ReplyDeleteGL in your journey :)
If only you knew some of the truly evil thoughts my jealousy has caused me to have. I think it's pretty darn normal, but it makes me feel pretty crappy. I definitely hear what you're saying. There are people in my life that I simply can't bear to be around or communicate with anymore, and I haven't been actively on Facebook since my miscarriage for the same reason.
ReplyDeleteBest of luck to you!