Sunday, March 21, 2010

India.nap.olis Doctors

Anyone from Indi.nap.olis out there? What doctor do you see? Are you happy with him/her? Just curious!

5 comments:

  1. Can't help! But wanted to stop by for a virtual hug, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think I make no secret of my absolute love for Dr. Jarrett (aka Dr. Miracles)!! I can't say enough great things, and two other bloggers recently went to him and blogged about it (bon @ http://icanhazbebe.blogspot.com but I think it's on her private blog, you can request permission to view if you don't already have it, and also mai @ http://maiscrazylife.blogspot.com)

    First, I think it says a lot that he's the #1 IVF RE in the state. Also, I could almost guarantee that he'll put you on my regimen, which is 3 months of glumetza and low amylose diet before moving to anything else. BUT it obviously works!! And mostly, I have just so appreciated his support and bedside manner through the first pregnancy, miscarriage, the heartbeat scare with this pregnancy, etc. He's called me at home on several occasions and you can tell that he genuinely cares. Plus, like I've said a million times before, we went there ready to pay out of pocket for IVF. He could have made thousands of dollars on us but didn't because he thought this might work. I'm planning a European babymoon with that money thanks to him!

    I used to go to Dr. Henry (he's the one I did all of my IUIs, my 2 HSGs and my hysteroscopy & lap surgery with). I do NOT recommend him. Really nice guy, very much does not think outside the box or change up regimens based on the patient.

    As for the HSG, it is definitely diagnostic. For sure. I'm sure it will be fine but they definitely should have marked it as diagnostic so if you have to pay, I would push to have the REs office resubmit the claim.

    Okay, off my Dr. Jarrett love pedestal!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to have found your blog! I am 4 months into ttc (I know, sounds horrible) with pcos but only on my second cycle seeing as the first was over 90 days and this last one was almost 60. I am taking my first clomid tonight in 20 minutes. I hope you stop by (ICLW #75) and I'm looking forward to reading your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't help since I am not from there. But wanted to say thanks for the comment on my blog. Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey there - i don't live in indianapolis, but just thought i'd look up your RE for you on the castle connolly best doctors list (link below). i usually always check that my dr's are on this list, bc they have to be recommended by their peers and go through a tough screening process to get on this list. dr gentry is on here, so i hope that makes you feel like you're in good hangs!!

    http://www.castleconnolly.com/doctors/index.cfm?CFID=3323209&CFTOKEN=82390940

    ReplyDelete