I've read several articles and blog posts lately that claim skim milk (or any low fat milk) isn't good for women with PCOS. I've been a skim-drinker for most of my life, but would be willing to make the switch to 2%. Any thoughts on this, fellow PCOS'ers?
my acupuncturist told me to stay away from all dairy, but that yogurt was okay. this is partially bc of the pcos, but more so bc i'm a "waterlogged" gal (per her book, making babies by jill blakeway). so, strictly speaking for pcos, i'm not quite sure??
ReplyDeleteI've heard that there was a study out of Harvard that showed a correlation between full fat dairy and fertility (and it wasn't just for women with PCOS). This last cycle, I did full fat dairy, very low carb diet, and I made some of my best embryos yet. I know that low carb is good for PCOS as it keeps insulin levels low (without metformin). I think there's something interesting going on here with the dairy and the low carbs.
ReplyDeleteInteresting - I didn't have PCOS but I was taken off of dairy last year due to allergies. I could only drink oat milk and eat goat's cheese.
ReplyDeleteICLW
http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/2010/05/may-iclw.html
I can't say that I've heard that before but definitely something to look into...
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW!!
#40 http://thegalwho.wordpress.com/