Friday, July 16, 2010

Is this some kind of sick joke?



WHAT the hell. For the past year or so, I have mysteriously been receiving Parenting Magazine. Every month, there it is in my mailbox. I mean, what gives? Clearly, I am not a parent. Clearly, I did not order this magazine. Clearly, neither J nor I appreciate receiving this backhanded reminder of our lack of offspring.

My guess? The good people at Parenting somehow got their hands on our bank statements. Therein, they discovered the large sums of money that have been pouring out of our account and into the hands of fertility drug companies for the past handful of years. After a while, they figured, "Hey! These people have been doing these fertility drugs for quite some time. Surely they have a child by now. Probably two! Let's go ahead and send them our magazine for free. They'll be so excited."

Sorry, guys. No children yet. For the time being, do me a solid and stop sending us your crapola. You're barking up the wrong tree.

2 comments:

  1. that is sooooo annoying!!! i've been getting shape magazine in the mail and i accused my hubby of trying to send me a "message". hahaha. turns out, i'm just getting free mags for having bought stuff. go figure!!

    ps - love your new page!!! it looks so cheerful and optimistic, so i'm hoping this means your body will catch on and do it's thang :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here from ICLW... WOW! I always feel the world is playing cruel jokes on me with pregnancy all around me, but this, just WOW... I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete