Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Chugging along!

J and I had our first mid-cycle scan yesterday (CD7). I had nine or ten follicles worth measuring: 14mm, 13mm, and handful between 9mm and 11mm. My Estradiol (E2) was 476 pg/ml, which is the highest it's ever been after four days of Follistim. I'm guessing it's high because I have so many mid-sized, growing follicles. Dr. G decided to take my Follistim dose of 175 down to 125 to avoid overstimming. Hopefully we will have three or four mature follicles at tomorrow's scan! J and I were both pleased that all of my follicles were around the same size. Usually, I will have one that is much larger than the others ("going rogue," as our nurse dubbed it). Because Dr. G doesn't want my follicles to become too large, he tends to have us trigger when the largest follicle is in the high teens or low twenties. If that follicle is quite a bit larger than the others, the others often don't have enough time to grow to maturity, leaving us with only one mature follicle. I would prefer to have several chances, even given the risk of multiples.

In other news, I wasn't feeling well yesterday afternoon, which quickly developed into feeling absolutely miserable by last night. It could be just a cold, but I'm going to the doctor this afternoon to make sure it isn't strep. I'm hoping that my being sick won't affect our IUI cycle. And if it turns out to be strep, am I all clear to get a penicillin shot while putting all kinds of other hormones and madness into my body? I guess I'll find out this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. GOOD LUCK!!! I hope you start to feel better soon, there's nothing worse than feeling under the weather while doing treatment.

    ReplyDelete