Anyone else a fan of "Con Air?" No, just me? Okay, we can move on, then.
I went to my primary care physician today and she ruled out strep. So, unfortunately (?), I just have a wicked virus and will have to simply wait it out with the help of Tylenol and Advil. I felt so sick when I was at her office. I don't think I've ever felt that bad in public before. The worst part was feeling sick to my stomach and running back and forth to the bathroom just in case I had to vomit. I haven't, yet. Fingers crossed.
In addition to my general symptoms, I also told my doctor about something that completely freaked me out this morning. In the shower, I was pulling out handfuls of hair. Every time I wash my hair I seem to lost 5-15 hairs. No big deal. Today? I kept pulling hair out. I lost enough to make a decent sized lock of hair. One of the scariest symptoms of PCOS is male pattern baldness, so I was terrified.
My doctor seems to think that it is nothing to worry about -- perhaps a combination of stress and hormonal changes due to all of the drugs I've been on in the past year or two. I'm still kind of shaken up, though. Has anyone else had this experience? In the past year, I've lost about 15 pounds, have begun to eat a little better, and have lowered my fasting blood sugar level over 10 points, so I would be surprised if my PCOS symptoms would be getting worse. Hopefully she's right and it's just stress and/or a side effect of the Follistim!
I called my RE's office three times today. Shameful. I kept coming up with questions, though. Basically, if I'm not feeling well enough to go in for my scheduled ultrasound tomorrow morning, we'll have to cancel this cycle. The nurse said that if I'm that sick, it's likely that my eggs won't cooperate anyway. Hopefully, for multiple reasons, I'll be feeling much better tomorrow.
that is a very scary symptom! I hope it doesn't continue
ReplyDeleteICLW #30
From ICLW. I had a problem with hair loss and had to take B12 vitamins which helped. Since you are TTC, you probably are on a prenatal vitamin anyway so maybe that's not what's going on. Don't feel bad about calling your RE. Believe me, that's part of their job! Best wishes on your IVF!!
ReplyDeleteI hope that you feel better, fast! It would be unfortunate (to say the least) to have to cancel tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteCan't offer any advice on the hair, sorry. I hope it is some odd fluke!
-ICLW
I LOVE Con Air! And being a huge John Malkovich Cyrus was my fav!!
ReplyDeleteICLW
#41 http://themissruby.blogspot.com/
I lvoe Con Air!! But shhhhhh...dont tell anyone, ok?!
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW!
I had that problem around the time I went through IVF..very scary. I bought rogaine for women. all those hormones drive me nuts...especially all my PCOS symptoms...Good luck on the future.
ReplyDelete