I never know how much our friends and family want to actually hear about what J and I are going through. I don't know if they want the dirty details of each appointment, cycle, or new prescription. This is another reason why the blog is perfect! If people wish to keep up with us and our IF journey, they can do so at their own pace. And if not, or if they wish to simply ask from time to time, also fine! Believe me, I don't expect everyone to check my blog every day and then hang on my every word once I've updated it. It's probably not all that interesting to anyone but me, and I know that my writing isn't of J.K. Rowling caliber.
I think I just felt the need to put that out there. I am blogging for me. If you want to come along for the ride, fantastic. I really appreciate all of the comments and support, in and out of cyberspace! I've said it before and I'll say it again -- J and I really are supremely blessed with a fantastic support system, without which this rollercoaster ride would be a lot bumpier.
So true! It is so nice to have an outlet to write feelings and things that are going on!
ReplyDeleteYou asked on my blog how I know I didn't ovulate. I never got a period. And I got my bloodwork done and my numbers showed that I didn't ovulate.
It is a wild and sometimes twisted roller coaster ride for you and blogging, like a diary in the old days, is a natural way for you to vent. Also, as one who loves you, it helps me see so much where you are coming from. What you are going through, especially mentally. No one can know how you feel, what causes more 'hurt' and what is comforting unless we ask or you tell us. I think this is a great way to let everyone know. That is everyone who is interested. Nough said!
ReplyDeleteLove you,
sgjr
Blogging is very theraputic. It's great that you have such a great support system on this roller coaster ride!
ReplyDeleteICLW
Your is a great reason to blog and it ensures that you're not governed by concerns over popularity and that's a great place to be. Happy IComLeavWe to you.
ReplyDeleteI think the other nice thing about blogging in the ALI community is that you get support from people who understand, without having to educate them first--that has been critical for me at least!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree. I sometimes worry that I will offend someone I know IRL (in real life), but as my BF likes to remind me, it's MY/YOUR blog and it's important to be honest (both for the record and the therapy). Yay for blogs! ;-)
ReplyDelete*ICLW*
Thanks everyone! It's so nice to hear that you feel the same way :) Blogging really has been a great thing for me!
ReplyDeleteEnjoying ICLW week!