I've also been considering acupuncture, as I've heard that it can be an effective way to combat infertility in some women. I haven't done a lot of research yet, but I'd be willing to give it a whirl. I'd be willing to participate in 99% of Fear Factor stunts if it meant getting pregnant. Being covered in tarantulas, jumping out of a 19th story window, eating bull testicles, what have you.
I need to find out when it is recommended (timing within the cycle), how much it would cost, whether or not it would be covered by insurance, and the best place/person in the Ind.iana.polis area for the job.
I used to go to a lady here in West Lafayette and I'm pretty sure she's in Zionsville, too. Her name is Angelica Kokkolis (something like that) and she was really good. She is Greek and practiced/learned everything in China, so she's pretty hardcore. Downside: I don't think she takes insurance. She may at her Z-ville office, but I did it out of her home and she didn't. It was $75 each time and she usually wanted me to come twice a week.
ReplyDeleteLots of luck with the HSG!
I have done acupuncture for a while, then I stopped, not sure how beneficial it was for me, but if you enjoy it than I'd recommend it!
ReplyDeleteWe are doing IVF next and looking into acupuncture, too. I don't think our insurance covers it at all, so it's a little hard to willingly add another $100 per week to our already-growing infertility bill, but I've read that especially for IVF it has raise success rates... I'd love to read any research you find!
ReplyDeleteGood luck getting approval from your insurance company and I have heard great things about the benefits of acupuncture and chiropractic care for help with infertility.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for your ongoing frustration. That feeling of always treading water while everyone else around you is swimming off toward the horizon.
ReplyDeleteInsurance companies are completely MADDENING. I really hope that yours gets their act together and begins to offer you more coverage on the procedures you need.
I've just started acupuncture, and while my first experience was less than relaxing, my second experience definitely did wonders for me, both physically and mentally.
Our blog titles make me smile. You're an oven searching for a bun, while I'm a bun searching for an oven. =)
-ICLW