Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Do we have room in our home for an entire soccer team?

We made it to this morning's ultrasound! I'm still not feeling fantastic, but I'm no longer knocking on death's door. Also, lost a normal amount of hair this morning in the shower. THANK GOD. I was completely freaked out yesterday. Hopefully it was just a fluke.

Results (CD9): My Estradiol is up to 1,123 pg/ml. Whoa there! And my follicles: 16, 15, 14, 13.5, 13, 13, 13, 12.5, 12.5, 12, 12, 9.

And that's my LEFT OVARY.

Right ovary: 15.5, 15, 15, 14, 13.5, 12.5, 11, 11.

Holy cow. I've never (never!) had results like this. I've always have plenty of follicles, it's just a matter of getting them to grow and mature. So, perhaps because they are all around the same size, we're just going to have more that grow to maturity this time, which we're not used to. I'm thrilled with these results! My only slight fear is that too many of them will mature and Dr. G will cancel this cycle. After all, J and I want one baby (or two, maybe three), not a litter. Fingers crossed that things will work out!

Dr. G instructed us to lower my Follistim dosage to 75 this evening and to go medicine-free tomorrow night. Ultrasound Friday at 7am and if all looks good, insemination on Monday! I'm excited about how well this cycle is going. This could be our month!

15 comments:

  1. Wow, thats a lot of follies!! Happy ICLW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thank you so much for the comment you left me today! I don't know where this fertility bell came from, but when my neighbor gave it to me, I grabbed that sucker up! Hee! I'll pretty much try anything...

    I am so happy for your many follicles! It's so wonderful to read this blog entry - your excitement is making me smile! All the best for this month's cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of follicles! Best of luck this cycle!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been lurking but felt I should come out from hiding to say "Congrats"! I'll continue to hold a good thought for you as the follies continue to grow...

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW. That is great news to have so many follies. I'm doing all injectibles next cycle if this one's a bust so that gives me hope! Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ovaries are rockin'! I'll be following your cycle.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  7. ICLW visitor here! Glad you are feeling better.
    I am excited for you too. Your ovaries are busy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are rockin' BEST OF LUCK! Fingers/toes/eyes crossed for you.

    An ICLW Visit from #107 (mfi, speedskating, strength)
    liddy @ the unfair struggle

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for your comment on my blog! good luck, good luck, good luck! i hope everyone matures at the same rate! that's a lot of follies - the same number i had for my IVF cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Those ovaries aren't fooling around! Baby dust! I hope this is your BFP cycle!
    AAS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy ICLW! I hope your appt tomorrow goes great! I had issues last cycle with overstim (17 mature follies!!!) but I had a constant dosage of drugs, next time (soon!) my RE will do what yours is (lowering dosage when needed).

    I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy you are feeling better! Those are fabulous follical numbers! I have everything crossed for this cycle!!

    iclw #31

    ReplyDelete
  13. What, you mean you don't want to have 12 babies? I bet you could have TLC do a show about you.. ;-)

    Congrats on good numbers!

    Happy ICLW! #50

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that is a lot of follicles.

    I hope you get the baby or two you want--and no more-- from this cycle. ;-)

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic! Hope things continue to go well this cycle. x

    ReplyDelete